Pages

Saturday 8 June 2013

Off and Running!

I have finished the embroidery on two items for my store.
But I can't seem to gear myself to start on the third.
Know why?
I do.

Because I don't want to.
Know why?
I do.

Because I found something else that has caught my imagination, clasped its sweaty little hand and towed it off into the enchanted forest of creativity, skipping and singing and making wishes on dandelions.

I spent the majority of  last week in the creative throes of designing a cross stitch sampler.
Using historic elements I have created a geeky stitcher's dream.
I think.
Judging by the reception the tidbits of photo I have shown have received...
I have a hit.

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed working on this project.
I have spent, easily 8 hours a day, for all of last week working it out, charting it, considering colors...
It consumed me.
It made me smile.
All day.
Even when I screwed up and charted K-9 in his spot upside down.
(okay... to be fair I woke up the next day in a funk that put a kink in my Saturday game, but I really don't think it had anything to do with the upside down element.  I think it had to do with the pattern being completed)

I might have to change my game plan for Crown Street Cottage.
::whispers::  MIGHT?

Yeah.  
So.
I made another cross stitch chart...
This one based on an internet meme I saw that makes me laugh every time I see it.
I worked it out in an evening of Chicken Minutes just to try out a free, downloaded stitch program.
It was also incredibly fun... because, of course...
It all comes back to cake.


Simple.
 No half stitches, no complicated shading.
Yet charming.
I hope.

I'm thinking, what I need now is beta stitchers.
If you cross stitch, have spare time and are willing to work in a timely fashion, leave me a message here.
There isn't any money in it right now, but I will furnish the supplies.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! This reminds me of a small event in one of my dreams last night. Someone had a copy of your Dr. Who sampler and was raving over it, especially pleased with the roses border that was in the color scheme of Tom Baker's scarf. I nonchalantly leaned over and informed them that that was my idea. Hah!

    So, clearly your embroidery patterns are making enough of a hit to invade my subconscious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buwahahahahahaha! That's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete