Pages

Thursday 23 May 2013

Moving right along!

Movin' right along in search of good times and good news,
With good friends you can't lose,
This could become a habit!
Opportunity knocks once let's reach out and grab it (yeah!),
Together we'll nab it,
We'll hitchhike, bus or yellow cab it!
(Cab it?)

Movin' right along.
Footloose and fancy-free.
Getting there is half the fun; come share it with me.
Moving right along (doog-a-doon doog-a-doon).
We'll learn to share the load.
We don't need a map to keep this show on the road.

(Hey Fozzie, I want you to left at the fork in the road.  Yes sir!  Turn left at the fork in the road. Keeeermiiiit!  I don't believe that)

Ahem.  


Sorry.  Got a bit distracted by the title!
But.  The title and song are a good indication of how things are going around this place of late.


The second week of marathon training went well.  The distance was five miles and I did it around my favorite coastal village, Walberswick.  However.  I have come to the conclusion that geocaching on my distance walk days is a bad idea.  With all the starting and stopping it will do nothing to build my endurance for keeping up a race pace over longer distances.  Sad, but if I want to keep Spunky's backers happy we need to stay on track.  I'll just have to geocache on EZ days!  
Nutrition was harder this week.  Found myself going over my calorie goal, but still inside what I was burning.
(calorie goal is 1570, but I can add the amount of calories I burn in a day if need be)
That doesn't help with the weight loss, but I did not gain any back, so I'm still happy.  It was harder this week to work out so much.  I was hungry alot, so took good care to eat good things and be mindful and not just snack on what I could grab.

This, the third week is going much better.  I'm hoping for another loss this week.  It could happen.

As for other things!
I finished all the embroidery projects I had completed!  There were seven in total!
This one is finally completed and hanging on my wall!

And these!  
Three of them have already hit the post office and are winging their way to their lucky recipients!
oh... and let's not forget this sweet little thing!


So.  Now I find myself with one project open... the black work castle.  I'm not particularly pleased with it, but I keep going out of pure stubbornness  and the knowledge that I'm very critical of my own work and it very likely, once finished, will be lovely.  
This modern black work stuff is a learning process. 
 Unless I want to copy someone else's work or use a kit.
Something I might resort to if this doesn't work out well.

Here's the progress.  
Sometimes I see depth, sometimes just flat and busy patterns.


Anyway!
What I really wanted to ask you all was this...
While finishing and packing up all those goodies I began to wonder what I would do with all the projects that are now lining up in my head.  Sure I can gift them to all my friends, over and over and over... but...
I began to wonder if I shouldn't open an Etsy shop.
I've gone there.  Shopped there.  Looked at other embroidered offerings.
I think my stuff is as creative.
As unique, if not more so.
I've thought about it so much I even settled on a name.
"Crown Street Cottage"

Now. 
What do you think?

9 comments:

  1. Etsy as it will pay for your materials unlikely to ever pay for your time

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehehe... yeah... I know better than to charge for time, but that was my thought as well, might be able to pay for my materials. I am friends with some ladies who sell embroidery art on etsy quite well though and my stuff will be different. We'll see. I've got 6 things lined up and I am working on getting the prep work done for them so I can start on the stitching. We'll see! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely! You do lovely work, and distinctive. I'm sure there are people out there who would buy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ari! Your vote of confidence is appreciated! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it comes down to how you want to sell them... if you just sell premade stuff then you're making what you want and don't have to worry about the pressure of producing material. If you offer to customize projects for people, it may become more of a job than a hobby.
    But, however you choose to do it, I know that it's gonna be great. Your work is fantastic and I'm telling you, people would buy from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Kristen! I'm not sure I'm interested in offering custom stuff.. but.. we'll see I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like "Crown Street Cottage" ... I'd offer the same comments for the most part. Custom stuff you can try, but for me they fall into the category of commissions, and they usually bring on angst and just accomplish that nothing else gets done as I start the procrastination process. Not very disciplined am I? OH!! I forgot to send you pictures. Best go do that now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah. Really hadn't figured on doing custom work... but. If it comes up I'll decide then I suppose!

    Thanks for the vote of confidence Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd say it depends on why your doing the work? If it is just to try things out, then sure, put them up for offer! If you are doing them to look at, then keep them.

    ReplyDelete