Pages

Friday 12 April 2013

Blogs are hard....

So I've been quiet.
But.
Have no fear.  
My life continues on.  
The house gets dirtier, the laundry pile grows, the contents of the pantry still sit on the kitchen table waiting to be organized and returned to their cubby, embroidery projects pile up, ideas stack one atop the other then drop onto the turn table one at a time as the current project finishes, Audible is working overtime, the animals and the hubby get fed... and I move through the whole thing in a haze.
Not depressed.  Not despairing, but... lost perhaps.  Lost in thought, in dreams, ideas, desires.  Days are lost to wasted internet searches for property and houses, places take my imagination and run.  Yet seldom have I been able to find two consecutive, conscious thoughts to rub together for a  spark.

Looking over my last blog entry I am realizing that I might have taken that silly theme song too far and slowed down to the point of stalling. Maybe.

On the up side...
I have finished my hastystitch challenge for April and I managed to use all the components in one project.  Last post you saw the beginnings... here is how it has progressed.  It is quite hard to get a full picture of the thing as it is easily two feet long, maybe more.  
But here we go, see if you can get a feel for the thing...

To remind you what the challenge entailed...

The song lyrics are from The 59th Street Bridge Song written by Paul Simon, performed with Art Garfunkle...

Slow down, you're moving too fast,
You've got to make the morning last!
Just!
Kicking down the cobble stone,
Looking for fun and feeling Groovy!


Hello lamp post, what'chya knowing?


I've come to watch your flowers growing.  
Ain't you got no rhyme for me?
Doo doo doo doo Feeling Groovy!

Some details...




The best part, if you ask me...
My siggie!  
In fact, I like this so much I believe I'm going to incorporate into my embroidery siggie for ever and ever amen.

So.  There you have it.  Now I have three projects on my finished list, but still sitting on the to be completed pile.... yeah... you know, mount, frame, edge... that sort of thing...  It could happen.

Don't forget to check out Hey Paul Studios!





No comments:

Post a Comment